On July 30, the ACAMS Northern California Chapter hosted its 3rd Annual Emerging Payments and Technologies Half-Day Conference at Silicon Valley Bank. The event brought together more than 100 representatives from banks, law enforcement, regulators, and FinTech startups located in the Bay Area. The three sessions covered the following topics:
- Building Compliance Programs – This session included insight from a bank and start-up to provide perspectives from both sides of building a compliance program:
- For banks, what to look for in compliance programs when banking these customers.
- For Fin/Tech companies, how to build a compliance program for a start-up.
- Payments Products Demos – This session provided demos of payment products and provided insight into the company’s compliance program.
- Tools & Tech to Build Compliance Programs – This session covered information on each company’s products, the technology behind them and how they are used to strengthen compliance programs.